Zurück zu Willert.de

Rhapsody very slow

Rhapsody Model or Codegeneration topics

Rhapsody very slow

Postby fsjunior » December 13th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Hi there,

My Rhapsody is VERY slow. I work in a computer with decent configuration (core i3 2120, 8GB ram) but Rhapsody is very slow with "large" (100 class with very little code is large?) projects. I have to wait for Rhapsody for 2 to 4 seconds while it does some misterious actions (roundtrip? code generation? autosave?) with almost EVERY mouse click in interface. Is VERY annoying and counter productive.

I tried to disable roundtrip and auto code generation and its get a little faster, but it still slow.

When I click on some class or object in a diagram or try to open a method from a class, for example, a progress bar appears in status bar and do dozens of "loadings" of misterious things. Every simple action results in the same 2 to 4 seconds wait time.

I don't know what happens, but I think that every time Rhapsody do some "check" in the entire project in every mouse click.

There is some tricks to get Rhapsody running faster with larger projects? Someone else have the same problems?
fsjunior

Re: Rhapsody very slow

Postby Erich78 » January 13th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem and no ideas...
Please help!!!
Erich78

Postby fsjunior » January 17th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Hi Erich!

I discovered a simple trick: it is possible to temporaly unload the packages that you is not working at the time. Right click on the package in the Browser, select Unit and select "unload package". This will help to speed up a little Rhapsody.

Regards!
fsjunior

Postby Skywalker » February 18th, 2014, 1:15 pm

Sounds very strange...

However, there are some settings, which can improve performance for huge models (several thousand classes):

* do not set an active component, which has "All Elements" in component scope, use a smaller scope, which aligns to your working area. Elements "In Scope" will be highlighted (bold text) in browser, there is only no code view for elements outside of the current scope,

* unload packages not needed in your context (similar to removing from component scope, but more effect on memory consumption),

* or use "Load on Demand" (model will come up faster, but react slower, when demand loading of additional elements happens),

* do not open a docked feature dialog with the Properties tab enabled AND the View being set to "Filtered By Text", matching property description - this will cause researching within property descriptions on each change of focus in the model.

* avoid referencing external packages in a flat rate mode ("all you can load", e.g. with thousands of optional interfaces of a whole system, while you only need and really use the interfaces of two small subsystems of that system).

Even that your issue sounds different, it might still be of some help.
May the force be with you ...
Skywalker

Postby fsjunior » February 18th, 2014, 5:32 pm

Hi Skywalker! Thank you for your answer!

Skywalker wrote:* or use "Load on Demand" (model will come up faster, but react slower, when demand loading of additional elements happens),

How I do this?

Skywalker wrote:Even that your issue sounds different, it might still be of some help.

Thank you! Actually, deactivating auto-roundtrip and auto-code generation help me a lot. The only problem is that now I need to manually do these tasks (this is not a big problem, anyway).
fsjunior

Return to Modelling with Rhapsody