Zurück zu Willert.de

Rhapsody Developer for C, MXF /IDF and no Operating System

For questions around OS environment, the OXF or RTOS Adapter Layer

Rhapsody Developer for C, MXF /IDF and no Operating System

Postby armehboob » July 4th, 2014, 7:21 am

Hi,
With trusts this finds you all good.

I need information/guide/tutorial for modelling in Rhapsody Developer for C 8.0 (Windows 7 version), and generate code for TExas Instrument's Peripheral Explorer Kit (which has a 28335 Digital Signal Processor/Controller). This board does not run any operating system.

Since I am using Code Composer Studio (CCS) v5.4 to program the DSP at register level using the libraries provided by Texas Instruments, what I want is to design an application using UML in rhapsody, add my Register Level code in Rhapsody generated files, and connect to the target (28335 DSP) by invoking CCS within Rhapsody. I am able to integrate Eclipse within CCS with Rhapsody.

Can someone please guide me for what profile (MicroC / IDF) should I use, and more importantly HOW to employ it? What about Operating System issue? I want to use Code COmposer Studio compiler instead of Microsoft. In short, I want to use compiler and linking facilities of Code Composer Studio, and code generation facilities of Rational Rhapsody .

I am new to embedded development using UML. Tried a C tutorial (https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocent ... orialc.pdf) but it does not tell anything about MicroC and MXF, and what properties set what!

Best Regards,
Rahman M.
armehboob

Re: Rhapsody Developer for C, MXF /IDF and no Operating Syst

Postby shanz » July 10th, 2014, 10:58 am

shanz

Postby armehboob » July 14th, 2014, 7:01 am

I have tried to do what it says, but since i am a beginner, i least understood these steps. So far so good, I have realized I have to make an adapter for my DSP device, aka Retargetting. defining the environment/retargetting is easier or somewhat achievable, but rhapsody knowledge is inevitable and not known to me. A sample project or a blog in which someone has also displayed the steps of making the Adapter would be very much appreciated. As a digital systems designer, i have least knowledge of Toolchains, makefiles and batchfiles, and compiler flags etc. Then attaching hardware timer, etc to rhapsody framework is beyond understanding without a tutorial. Rhapsody OS Adapter in the Community Area is a good initiative, i wish it included some steps to make the adapter,

MAny thanks,

Rahman MEhboob
armehboob

Postby wvdheiden » July 16th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Hi Rahman

Yes the documentation is not really good. There are not many examples. However there are companies that deliver ready-made adapters that you can install and use. As a matter of fact, my company does....
What I know is that Code Composer Studio including the Texas OS is not an easy one to make. Might take about 2 weeks of adaptaion effort.

Walter
===============================================
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my drive?
wvdheiden

Company: Willert Software Tools GmbH

Return to Framework