Zurück zu Willert.de

Event handling problem w/Visual Studio build(s)

If your question doesn't fit in any other category below ask in here.

Re: Event handling problem w/Visual Studio build(s)

Postby FYoung » April 20th, 2011, 10:20 pm

I'm baaaaaack.
OK, after beating my head against a wall (Rhapsody 7.5.2) for awhile, here is the possible problem causing my event synchronization issue, delineated below:
1. The ReactiveSetEventHandlingGuard property in CPP_CG->Framework indicates that this will create a setEventGuard(getGuard()); call in the constructor of my reactive class(s). This would provide a mutex to protect event processing.
2. In the OMReactive::handleEvent method, the eventGuard is checked to see if it is NULL. If it is, no mutex is locked/unlocked to protect the event processing.
3. No setEventGuard call is being generated in my reactive class constructor. Hence, no protection of my event processing - kaboom!

Question: How do I get Rhapsody to generate the setEventGuard call in my reactive class?
The default ReactiveSetEventHandlingGuard setting is setEventGuard(getGuard());. Which I'm using, but to no avail.
Any takers?
FYoung

Re: Event handling problem w/Visual Studio build(s)

Postby FYoung » April 22nd, 2011, 4:54 pm

Another question:
The CPP_CG->Framwork->ActiveGuardInitialization property specifies 'setToGuardThread' as the default.
However, the 'toGuardThread' boolean in my OMThread instance is always set to false.
How do I set the OMThread::toGuardThread = true in the Rhapsody properties?
FYoung

Previous

Return to General Question