Zurück zu Willert.de

Accessing "AllocatedFrom" operations via Java API

how to access or perform things by using the Rhapsody API (not how to use the UI)

Postby MadParrot » June 15th, 2014, 2:58 pm

Hi,
I need to customise a generic Internal block diagram to show customer specific variants. A simple tag based discrimination mechanism is used to suppress non relevant flows and allocated operations.
I have written a Java plug-in to iterate over the IBD’s encapsulated IRPGraphElements, examining their associated type and acting appropriately.
Manipulation of the flows is working fine but I am having a lot of problems with the allocated operations – in summary I have 2 problems…
1.) I cannot get a handle to the “AllocatedFrom” compartment
2.) and therefore I cannot get to the IRPCollection containing the references to the actual operations.
Problem 1.
I have examined both the Rhapsody Java api documentation (!!!) and Java objects at runtime trying to discover the appropriate method(s) to invoke.
As it is a purely presentational issue (I do not want to suppress underlying allocations between model elements) I guess it is some kind of graphical property & I had thought it would be ObjectModelGe oriented.
I have looked at the properties mentioned in the Diagram package of the SysML profile.
Within General::Graphics” I can see the “AdditionalCompartments” property mentions (amongst other things) ‘AllocatedFrom’
However within ObjectModelGe::Object” I see that the “Compartments” property only mentions “Operation” – do I need to add ‘AllocatedFrom’ to this property?
Problem 2.
Even if I get access to the compartment I am not sure what methods will be available to access the collection – there appears no interface defined for compartments. Looking in the .sbs file I can see that it is of type IRPYRawContainer but I cannot find any documentation on this.

Any help/suggestions are most welcome

Cheers Rod
MadParrot

Postby Bingomaster » November 25th, 2014, 3:58 am

I am trying to retrieve a document from the M-Files API via the documentID. I have code, like below, making the call:

ObjectVersion docNewestVersion = null;
ObjVer objVerNewest = new MFilesAPI.ObjVer;
objVerNewest.SetIDsintMFilesAPI.MFBuiltInObjectType.MFBuiltInObjectTypeDocument, fileID, -1;
docNewestVersion = vault.ObjectOperations.GetObjectInfoobjVerNewest, true;

This works for most documents. However, sometimes I get a "Not Found" message when trying to retrieve a document that I know is there. How do I resolve this issue?
Asi es -suspiro el coronel-. La vida es la cosa mejor que se ha inventado
Bingomaster

Return to Rhapsody API