Zurück zu Willert.de

Using templates with the new RTI DDS profile in 7.5.2.1

Data Distribution Service (DDS) is supported by Rhapsody 7.5.2 onwards

Using templates with the new RTI DDS profile in 7.5.2.1

Postby TSMB » December 7th, 2010, 4:19 pm

Hi everyone.

I've recently started using Rhapsody 7.5.2.1, and have been applying the newly provided profile for designing/auto-coding systems using RTI DDS.

My question is regarding Templates/Generics (a supported feature of DDS), and if they are supported by the DDS profile.

I am aware that it is possible to create template classes in Rhapsody (which can then be set to auto-code as structs to be compatible with DDS - although I've even had trouble with getting a "bare bones" struct generation, it always seems to include some kind of generated convenience method/OMAnimation object, which is a pain), but I believe that to use these template classes/structs with DDS I would need to include a
Code: Select all
//## 'insert topic struct name here'
style keyword before the struct in the code.

Also I'm not clear on whether auto-generating the correct code (i.e. template struct with kewords) would even be enough, as I gather the RTI DDS profile generates IDL files as well - which I suppose is something I would be hard pressed to do without actually using the profile model elements.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how I could get template structs working, either by mimicing the code generated by the profile (e.g. by adding my own keywords before a template struct), or by using the RTI DDS profile itself (the ideal solution)?

I'm trying to find a solution that will auto-code directly from the model (i.e. without any hand tweaking after generation).

Any other help/advice/top tips/gotchas that anyone may have on the subject would also be most welcome.

Many thanks.
TSMB

Return to DDS