Zurück zu Willert.de

system log for statechart

Rhapsody Model or Codegeneration topics

system log for statechart

Beitragvon stef85 » August 26th, 2013, 11:48 am

Hi people, I beg your pardon for my english.

I represented the system through the blocks, the system created is formed by a container block and the other blocks are components of the block container. Each block has a statechart that during the simulation performs the operations. The goal is to create a LOG block that receives all the names of the states and the possible failures of operations and then write them to a text file. The problem is having so many independent statechart that need to access the LOG block during the simulation. How can I develop it? How can I use synchronization with threads?
I could use a function (example:
Code: Alles auswählen
SaveOnFile(OMString arg1,OMSstring arg2, ulong TimeSave)
the Log function declared within the block LOG and call it from other blocks by the way:
Code: Alles auswählen
.... -> getItsLog () -> SaveOnFile (arg1, arg2, TimeSave);
),
but How do I make the function to exclusive access for each state of each statechart?
What should I set?

Thanks
stef85

Re: system log for statechart

Beitragvon fsjunior » August 30th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Hi, I beg your pardon for my english too. :)

I don't know a way to do this automatically. Or if this is possible to be done automatically in a painless way. :)

The only API that I know to "discover" the state of object is the IS_IN macro.

Maybe you could create a macro like "LOG_STATE(<state_name>)", and put it in the begining of every state that you want to log. This macro can call a method in a singleton object to write in the log file. To do this with different threads, the method can use a mutex to ensure mutual exclusion.

This is not very nice because you must manually synchronize the state name and the LOG_STATE call in every state, but is simple.
fsjunior

Beitragvon stef85 » September 3rd, 2013, 8:58 am

I could use a function with a mutex?
Do I have to set only in the property CG :: Concurrency :: GUARDED?
I did not understand how it works.
stef85

Beitragvon wvdheiden » September 8th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Hi

- I don't know a way to accomplish the state-chart thing you mentioned. There is a way but then you need to adapt the code generation. There is a sample model with a changed CG under the "Samples" Folder in your Rhapsody installation.
- The Mutex that you use when you set the GUARDED property is to prevent functions from being called by 2 threads at the same time.
When you want to sync threads you can perhaps use events that you send between statecharts.

greetings

Walter
===============================================
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my drive?
wvdheiden

Firma: Willert Software Tools GmbH

Zurück zu Modelling with Rhapsody