Zurück zu Willert.de

Simulink import error

Your questions about Eclipse Integration, CORBA, VBA, ConfigManagement Simulink but also Profiles like SysML, Autosar etc.

Simulink import error

Postby jana » March 9th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Hi all,

I get the following error when I try to import a Simulink model into the SysML/UML model after I do "import/sync Simulink model" on the "SimulinkBlock":
"Failed to create Flowport type"

I followed all the steps of the "Importing MathWorks Simulink components" instruction:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... nents.html

Does anyone know the solution?

Thanks,
Jana
jana

Re: Simulink import error

Postby Farquad » March 9th, 2012, 1:55 pm

I'm guessing you are using unsupported types on your ins/outs in the simulink model.
Farquad

Postby jana » March 14th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Just to be sure, I ran the PowerWindowWithSimulink sample, which was working before. However, when I "import/sync Simulink model", I get the same error. In the SimDataFile.txt file, Warning messages for all 3 ports appear:
MATLAB_ROOT=C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011b
MultiInstanceCode=off
up Inport Warning: The block parameter 'DataType' on 'rhp_powerwindow/up' has been deprecated. Getting the value of this parameter is no longer allowed. You can get the data type using parameter 'OutDataTypeStr' instead.

I made some changes in the generated code addressing the deprecated comment, however, it gives the same error. I installed the latest version of Matlab Simulink, and I guess it's causing a problem. Any hints?
jana

Postby jana » March 16th, 2012, 12:32 am

Hey all,

Since I didn't solve the import problem with the Matlab 2011b, I just reinstalled the older version of Matlab (in my case R2007b), and made sure the path of the old version is included prior to the newer Matlab version in the System path as I also need to keep my new Matlab version.

For this, chaim's post is helpful:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forum ... D=14276769

I hope Rational team tackles the above mentioned import problem with the newer versions of Matlab.

Cheers,
Jana
jana

Postby swoloschek » April 1st, 2012, 2:17 pm

We encoutnered the same error. In talking with IBM there was an API change in MATLAB 2011b. It turns out that Rhapsody 7.6.1.1 has a fix for this. (you wont find it in the fix list.. but we tried it and it now works).
swoloschek

Postby jana » April 2nd, 2012, 3:37 pm

swoloschek, thx for sharing this information.
jana

Return to Interface Pack